How are y’all doing? You can’t answer back so I’m just going to assume you said “fine” in that way we all do whether we’re fine or not.
It’s been a very strange year, to say the least, and we’re all dealing in different ways. The simple pleasures of going to the rock gym or getting a coffee with a friend are no longer. It is now time to adjust to the new normal of isolation life.
People* have been asking me… “WOW @chubbygirlclimbing…how DO you stay so perfect and beautiful and fit and well-rounded during the plague?” Well, here is my personal guide.
- Get on a schedule
If you’re a low life non-essential like myself, you might find it difficult to keep a consistent schedule. Try to wake up and go to bed at a reasonable time.
- Alternatively sleep from midnight – 3 a.m., then 5 a.m. – noon, then 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., all while intermittently eating, like I do.
This is good for your soul. Maybe?
- Ok, you can’t go to the rock gym. But you have all the time in the world to get fit!
It’s time to get prison jacked, baby! Come out of isolation looking like a Greek Goddess and accept nothing else!
- Or, you know…get SOME exercise. Like…a jog around the block.
- Jen, just…go for a walk, maybe?
- Just stand up once an hour!
- It’s especially important now to eat a balanced diet.
Fruits, veggies, and try not to drink alcohol until after 5. Again, keeping with a schedule.
- Ok, maybe no alcohol until…noon?
- Come out of this with a new skill!
Shakespeare wrote his best works in a plague! Write, create music, draw! Art sees us through the worst of times!
- Maybe have that new skill be something that doesn’t have to do with Animal Crossing.
- Oh, yeah, and most importantly…don’t be hard on yourself.
During the best of times, we have a pressure that we put on ourselves to be perfect that can be incredibly daunting. That pressure is now combined with a lot of fear and anxiety about work, illness, and loneliness. Some days you may feel good enough to run a marathon. And some days you may need to take several naps and eat the three chocolate bunnies. Both are ok. Check in with yourself and your friends. Balance yourself. Keep yourself well. We’ll all get through this together.
*Just…people have asked…you don’t need to know what people…mind ya business.