I’m not sure if you’ve ever taken a BuzzFeed Quiz. If you haven’t, let me take a moment to apprise you. Essentially you look at some pictures, select your favorites and then you find out what type of puffed pastry you would be. You can pick from different shades of pink to find out which horror monster you are. Or pick your favorite doughnuts to find out which Disney Princess you would be. Here is a link to the last one, just in case you are dying to know.
So, we took a page out of the BuzzFeed playbook to help you find out what type of climbing hold you’d be!
Rules: Pick a picture that you identify most with from each category. Each picture has a corresponding number/point value. Add your points from each category to find out what type of climbing hold you are!
So, what type of climbing hold are you?
- 8 – 14 = Jug
- 15 – 21 = Sloper
- 22 – 28 = Crimp
- 29 – 35 = Pinch
- 36 – 42 = Mono
- 43 – 48 = Off-Width
It’s not enough to know what type of climbing hold you are, it’s important to know what that means. We here at theDIHEDRAL pride ourselves on flushing out the details and going a little deeper. So, here is a key to let you know exactly what it means to be the unique hold that you are!1
- Jug = Everyone is always happy to see you. You might not be considered the life of the party, but you are as loyal as they come.
- Sloper = You are a complex individual, and for those who you are close with, it’s ride or die! If people talk poorly about you, it’s a reflection of them not understanding your depth, and charisma!
- Crimp = You are always up for excitement, at times too much excitement, but no one would ever classify you as boring. You don’t always show up, but when you do…people need to hold on tight!
- Pinch = Depending on your mood, things can go in wildly different directions. You are kind of a chameleon in that you can blend in anywhere. At times stressful, at times laidback, but no matter the mood, it wouldn’t be the same without you.
- Mono = A bit of an introvert, it’s not that you don’t like being around others, but there is a limit as to how many others you are able to tolerate at once. You are a stable friend for those who are very close.
- Off-Width = You hurt people on a regular basis, and nobody likes you.
- You are not actually a climbing hold, these values are done in parody and in no way reflect who you are as a person. Unless you’re an off-width, then probably nobody likes you!